Law Of Contract 1
The purpose is to identify essential elements required to make a valid contract. It will examine key areas that affect contractual relationships. It will also consider the forms of contract and the method by which they can be discharged or breached and remedies available.
By the end of the Course, students should be able:
- Demonstrate an understanding that contract law is the basis of commercial law and is essential for persons wishing to engage in business.
- Define the Law of Contract and explain essentials of a valid contract
- Articulate an informed decision on any contractual arrangements
- Explain the mechanism of a contract and its implications
- Explain the law of contract in the context of its historical development in England and its applicability in Uganda under the Contract Act, 2010.