Obstetrics And Gynecology Ii
This course introduces students to maternal health and in particular Gynecology care. It will be facilitated using lectures, tutorials and a supervised clinical rotation.
Course Justification/ Rationale:
Developing this course the university will be able to create a clinician with the capacity to manage the problem of the women during the reproductive life like infertility. Also to prevent important diseases and made early diagnosis of cancer in the reproductive tract that couse one of the principal causes of death in women.
To equip the learner with knowledge, skill and attitudes to enable him to diagnose common obstetrics and gynecology conditions and to take appropriate action
Course Learning Outcomes
After this course the student should be able to;
- Demonstrate the knowledge required for the solid scientific foundation of obstetrics and gynecology and apply this knowledge to solve medical problems
- Comprehensive clinically evaluate patients with and initiate investigations for common obstetric and gynecological conditions.
- Offer skilled attendance at normal delivery and detect the common complications of pregnancy, labour and the puerperium, and provide safe emergency management for such complications.
- Perform procedures for common obstetric and gynecological conditions safely.
- Consult OBGYN specialists and refer cases to them appropriately.
- Identify community‟s reproductive health information needs and implement user friendly approaches to respond to such community needs.