Medical - Surgical Nursing Ii
This course is designed to introduce the concepts of evidence-based practice in Medical – Surgical Nursing. The nursing process will be applied as the framework for all care provision. Selected body systems are explored using computerized nursing care plans to enhance searching for evidence of effective care interventions.
The course aims to equip students with knowledge and skills to assess, and make care plans for the cardiac, respiratory, endocrine, neurological health concerns, as well as the problems of the elderly
Course Learning out comes
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Describe evidence – based – practice in Med-Surgical Nursing.
2. Utilize evidence-based- care interventions in Med-Surg. Nursing.
3. Explore the possibility of computer assisted Med-Surg. Nursing Care planning
4. Apply the nursing process as the framework for all basic, and advanced Nursing Practice.
5. Demonstrate skills in influencing change to improve the quality of nursing care.
6. Demonstrate evidence of documenting all nursing care provided.
7. Identify, and plan for addressing learning needs among nursing colleagues at the work place.
8. apply the knowledge to competently deliver nursing care to adult patients and draw and implement nursing care plans, and utilize recent scientific literature/articles in the nursing care of adult clients.