Clinical Nursing Skills Ii (clinical Placement)
This Clinical Nursing Course II, focuses on application of the health assessment and the Nursing
Process concepts in mental health and Pediatric Nursing. Students will apply learnt concepts in Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, mental health, child health and the Socio-psycology in developing and implementing patients’ care plans.
The course is intended to equip students with knowledge skills and attitudes to providing a holistic approach to nursing care including spiritual health.
By the end of the nursing elective II experience, students should be able to:
1. Assess mental clients or pediatric for health care needs
2. Analyze the obtained data to outline nursing needs and diagnoses
3. Make collaborative care plans for the required interventions
4. Give care based on priority care needs
5. Involve attendants/ mothers in planning for continuity of care
6. Record accurate observations and make them available to other health care team members for appropriate action.
7. Evaluate the outcome of the care given and re-plan
8. Apply the Nursing process to care for clients/patients with specific /specialized nursing care needs in any of the selected areas