The course exposes students to the Reproductive system diseases, current global trends and perspectives in reproductive health services .It emphasizes the nurses’ roles in promoting Reproductive Health (RH) of the gynaecological client, offering preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
This course aims to provide the student with knowledge, skills and attitudes, to participate in reproductive health programs designed to maintain and improve the health of individuals and of the community.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this course the students, will be able to:
1. Describe the principles and aims of Reproductive health
2. Identify the sexual reproductive health priorities for Uganda.
3. Identify gynaecological conditions and their management.
4. Identify strategies to address gynaecological conditions.
5. Discuss cultural issues related to gynaecological conditions and strategies to prevent harmful traditional practices.
6. Identify and manage gynecological conditions
7. Identify and refer complicated gynecological conditions
8. Counsel and provide family methods and services