Nursing Leadership And Management
This course is designed to explore theories, processes, tools and functions of leaders and managers along with their effective application in clinical, nursing, education and administration. Different leadership styles will be discussed in relation to effective and efficient health care services. The course also introduces students to health economics i.e. the study of how resources are allocated to and within the health economy.
This course is aimed to equip nurses with leadership and management skills transform self into a real transformational leader to manage people and processes effectively.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of this period of study, students will be able to:
1. Define leadership and management concepts
2. Discuss the Roles and functions of leaders and managers 3. Identify leadership styles and their influence on nursing practice
4. Describe the structures and functions of organizations.
5. Explain the various philosophies of management in organizations.
6. Describe the various theories of Leadership, Management, Change, Conflict and Conflict Resolution.
7. Describe the implementation of an effective performance appraisal system.
8. Analyze methods of budgeting and financial management of the nursing
9. Apply leadership and management tools, theories of change and conflict resolution skills in leadership and management of a health service facility or an institution.
10. Utilize budgeting and accountability skills to manage health care resources.