Specialized Medical-surgical Nursing 1
This course is designed to include the different areas about advanced concepts of medical – surgical nursing and prepares students to make sound judgments, to set priorities and to work efficiently in critical situations based on scientific principles. The course is divided in three sections which include Nursing in intensive care and renal unit, nursing in accident and emergency, and orthopedic nursing. Each section has its objections.
The course aims to equip students with knowledge and specialized nursing skills in critical care nursing, accident and emergency, and orthopedic nursing.
Section 1: Nursing in Intensive Care and Renal unit
The general objective of this course is to thoroughly explore how to assess, diagnosis and manage the critical patients in the intensive care and renal dialysis units. Emphasis will be put also on use, maintenance and handling of various equipment in the intensive care units.
Expected Learning Outcomes
1. Upon completion of this section the student will be able to:
2. Identify various conditions that are admitted in the intensive care unit.
3. Describe the nursing care of patients in the intensive care unit and renal unit.
4. Demonstrate ability in handling, connecting and maintenance of various equipment used in intensive care and renal units.
5. Learn to prioritize the care of the critically ill patients based on resources available.