Project Planning And Management I
Course Content and Outline
Introduction to project planning and management
· Concept of projects, types, characteristics and project cycle.
· Role and importance of projects in development.
Project Cycle management
· Identification and analysis of phases of project cycle.
· Project appraisal dimensions, including initiation, feasibility study and reports; understand when to do and use feasibility studies;
· Market, technical, economic, financial, social and environmental appraisal/analysis of projects.
• Introduction and definitions
• Scheduling simple projects-time scheduling
• Planning tools and techniques
• SWOT analysis,
• Critical path analysis
• Gantt Charts
Principles of Project management and implementation
· Introduction to project management and leadership
· Principles of project management
· Role of project manager
· Project team and stakeholders
Project monitoring and evaluation
· Quality management, control and auditing of projects
· Elements of project sustainability; cross-cutting issues of gender, HIV/A and environment.
Project proposal Recap
· Types and parts of project proposals
· Preparation of business and research proposals
MODE OF DELIVERY
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS AND / OR EQUIPMENT
Whiteboard and Markers
CDs, DVDs and Tapes