Energy Resources And Conversion Techniques
This course focuses on renewable energy resources - the technologies that will comprise a large part of global Energy Change. It aims to help students identify the major 'big picture' questions in the area of energy resources and develop technically sound ways of quantitatively answering them. The course further looks at individual renewable energy resources in detail such as solar, wind, solar thermal, bio and examine their scientific and technical foundations, available resources, integration with the grid, and broader economic and social issues to assess their ultimate potential as well as their practical limitations.
To analyze the present and future energy demand of world and nation and techniques to exploit the available renewable energy resources such as, solar, bio-fuels, wind power, tidal and geothermal effectively.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
explain the concept of various forms of renewable energy
outline division aspects and utilization of renewable energy sources for both domestics and industrial applications
explain the various energy conversion techniques and their relative merits and demerits.
A student completing the course is expected to:
- Describe the working principle of various renewable energy systems
- Apply basic design of renewable energy systems
- Apply on various energy conversion principles
- Discuss the energy demand of world, nation and available resources to fulfill the demand
- Explore nonconventional energy resources and their effective tapping technologies
- Apply effective utilization of available renewable energy resources
- Acquire the knowledge of modern energy conversion technologies