Advanced Radiation Systems
The course introduces the fundamental principles of antenna and to apply them to the design and analysis of antenna systems. Students will learn how to characterize antennas and how to use antennas. Different types of antennas and their applications will be introduced, with focus on linear wire antennas, loop antennas, microstrip patch antennas, antenna arrays, and the design considerations of using antennas in wireless communication systems.
The course provides the fundamental of antenna radiation, different types of antenna and its design methodology.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Enhance the students knowledge in the area of various antenna design and to make them understand their radiation mechanism.
- Impart knowledge about the state of art in antenna technology.
- Outline the basic concepts of radiating structures and antenna parameters
- Analysis the arrays and different types
- Explain the different antennas for various applications
- Describe the basic propagation mechanisms
A student completing the course is expected to:
- Describe the fundamentals to recent techniques in antenna technology.
- Design and assess the performance of various antennas.