Storage And Distribution In Supply Chains
enable Procurement and Supply Chain Management students analyze the importance
of physical stock and related inventory in the supply chain while reviewing
methods, techniques and factors relating to transportation and distribution of
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
the end of this course unit, students should be able to:
- Explain the major functions of storage
- Analyze the concept of costs and their
classifications as used in storage and distribution.
- Discuss the importance customer care for
effective production, storage and delivery of goods and services.
- Explain the major modes of transports,
their benefits and pitfalls as used in storage.
- Justify the various strategies that are
used for competitiveness in the market place etc.