Taxation And Public Finance
module taxation and accounting is a subject with a distinction of intimate
interaction between its theory and governments practice. The theoretical concepts and policy
application in this subject are interrelated making taxation very interesting
but complex as well, the major case study of this subject will be the Uganda
revenue authority its statutes and its income tax act.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
the end of the course students should be able to;
- Evaluate taxation and tax management in Uganda.
- Examine the major tax obtained in Uganda.
- Explain the various challenges
- Identify the various challenges of Tax
administration in Uganda
and remedies to these challenges learn and understand the role of URA in
development of Ugandan economy.
- Discuss the taxation as a business
concepts and how it affects business decisions.