International Sourcing, Clearing And Customs Management
This course is designed to
introduce to students the procedures for International sourcing of goods and
services, the process and documentation required for clearing of good and all
aspects of customs procedures and processes.
The clear understanding of
the above will enable students to know the procedures and process and supply
them in their working environment for
the smooth operation of procurement and the supply chain management.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the aspect of International
- Appraise the issues in international
customs and clearing.
- Discuss the procedures, processes and all
aspects of customs clearance, documentation and the applicable taxes in
the clearing of goods.
- Explain the role of clearing agents and
the functions of the Uganda Revenue Authority in the clearing process.
- Analyze the impact of customs procedures
on procurement, value for money and competitiveness.
- Evaluate the effects of Customs Unions on
procurement (East African Customs Union).
- The benefits of the East African Common
Market on sourcing of goods and services.
- The current challenges of international
sourcing and devise ways of overcoming them