This course is meant to introduce, expose and generate interest among students to research. It will offer a basis for preparing undergraduate students for a more detailed study of advanced, specialized and demanding aspects of educational research. Emphasis will be placed on the basic steps of why and the appropriate methods of how research is carried out.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Develop a plan of research of their choice
- Comprehend the key steps followed in a research process
- Recognize various characteristics of research
- Carry out investigation and evaluation of educational research studies
- Explain the learning techniques of research