Human Resource Planning And Development
This course examines the importance of the human resources’ role in the strategic planning process by determining supply and demand of human resources and developing appropriate human resources policies and practices based on best practice methodologies. Through the use of integrated case studies, workplace scenarios and field visits, students will be synthesizing all their acquired theoretical knowledge obtained from the human resources program.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- By the end of the course students should be able to :-
- Explain teh human resource planning (HRP)
- Discuss the strategies to integrate human resources planning with the strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Describe the relationship between HRP and organizational planning
- Identify steps in HRP process
- Discuss purpose of a skill and management inventory
- Describe tools of human resource planning
- Describe organizational development
- Describe adventure learning
- Evaluate the role that human resources management systems (HRMS) play in facilitating the human resources planning process.