Principles Of Development Economics
The course serves as a preliminary study for Development Economics. The course introduces the learners to the measures of development, characteristics of developing countries, growth theories, the challenges of economic development and the relationship of Development with the social and physical infrastructure, Agriculture, Industry, Foreign Direct Investment, Aid and Trade. The course also studies various countries’ experiences in the process of Economic Development. It further acquaints students with the theory and concepts of development, so that they are able to understand the process of economic development in among different economies.
By the end of the course, students should be able;
- To acquaint students with various concepts of development and under development.
- To explain the various theories of development.
- To identify the causes and challenges of poverty and underdevelopment.
- To examine the strategies to overcome poverty and underdevelopment.
- To have a clear explanation of their country experience in development.