Introduction To Computer Fundamentals
The purpose of the course is to enable students learn the basic skills of using a computer as a central tool for pursuing their studies. It provides a general introduction to the broad aspects of computer systems, how it works, a brief history of the computers and the basic components of a computer. In addition, students will be grounded in the proper use of the Internet for research.
The objectives of the course are assist students to:
- To identify the various parts of a computer systems and what each does.
- To identify and explain the various Operating Systems
- To identify major software applications and what they do.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Identify major software applications and what they do.
- Describe what capabilities Internet has, what a browser does, and be able to perform basic navigation over the worldwide web.
- Perform basic email tasks such as sending, receiving and managing electronic mail.
- Be familiar with features common to Windows soft wares