Public Sector Management
This course introduces students to public sector management as an academic or theoretical discipline and practice. It is designed to enable students to understand and analyze issues and processes in public sector organizations. The course covers both traditional and new models of management in public organizations. Throughout the course, the application of management theories and practices to Uganda’s public sector will be assessed.
The is intended to;
- To equip students with the theories and the concepts of public management;
- To impart analytical skills of management in the public sector; and
- To prepare students for future involvement in public sector management and/or the management of public affairs generally
Course Learning outcomes
By the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Assess public sectors’ contribution to the global world in terms of service delivery.
- Apply analytical skills of management prospective public sector managers
- Appreciate concepts of public sector management