Development Admin & Management
The developing countries grapple with the imperative reality of the challenges of accelerating the pace of socioeconomic development. Countries of the Developing World aspire to modernity, and there is high ambition to achieve national development. However, ambition alone does not save the problem of under development or even negative development. Countries have to struggle hard to ensure all round and sustainable develop is taking place, and that there are vibrant political, social, economic, and administrative institutions and systems. Development administration and management is one of the primary strategies to achieve socio-economic and political progress.
This course aims;
- To equip students with practical and theoretical knowledge and skills that will enable them to understand and appreciate the various issues pertaining to development administration.
- To contribute towards preparing learners to be development managers and practitioners in both public and private sector.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this Course, students will be able to;
- Students are expected understand key features of development and under development.
- The significance of adopting Development Administration and Management in the place of traditional public administration
- Analyze the need for development planning and distinguish between different types
- Analyze the impact of People participation in Development Planning.
- Acquire knowledge on employing modern methods of administration to solve development challenges especially in third world countries.