Project Planning & Management
A project is an instrument of development/investment activity designed to achieve specific objectives through the delivery of measurable benefits to a specific group within a specified time frame. The concept of projects is interlinked with all socio-economic development programmes. A project is a cutting edge to development and that is why it is important to students of most specialties. Decisions need to be taken on what option/alternative an organization/enterprise or entrepreneur should spend scarce resources within environmental laws. The idea of controlling costs in projects needs an understanding of project management tools and techniques, including planning, design and budgeting.
This course is intended to:
- Equip students with the concepts in project planning and management.
- Enable students identify viable projects in the work place
- Equip students with the knowledge and skills to plan, design and implement Projects
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit students should be able to;
- Apply the different concepts in the effective management of projects
- Demonstrate critical understanding between project management and operational work; and
- Apply knowledge and skills in planning, designing and implementing good projects