Project Planning & Management
Course Content and Outline
Introduction to project planning and management (9Hours)
- Concept of projects, types, characteristics and project cycle.
- Role and importance of projects in development.
Project Cycle management (15hours)
- Identification and analysis of phases of project cycle.
- Project appraisal dimensions, including initiation, feasibility study and reports; understand when to do and use feasibility studies;
- Market, technical, economic, financial, social and environmental appraisal/analysis of projects.
Project Planning (12hours)
- Introduction and definitions
- Scheduling simple projects-time scheduling
- Planning tools and techniques
- SWOT analysis,
- Critical path analysis
- Gantt Charts
Principles of Project management and implementation (9hours)
- Introduction to project management and leadership
- Principles of project management
- Role of project manager
- Project team and stakeholders
Project monitoring and evaluation (9hours)
- Quality management, control and auditing of projects
- Elements of project sustainability; cross-cutting issues of gender, HIV/A and environment.
Project proposal Recap (6hours)
- Types and parts of project proposals
- Preparation of business and research proposals
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Class presentations
- Group presentations
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS AND / OR EQUIPMENT
- Whiteboard and Markers
- Flip Charts
- LCD Projectors
- CDs, DVDs and Tapes