Course Content and Outline
Introduction to Financial Resource Management (3 hours)
- The meaning of financial resources.
- The purpose of managing finance resources
- The functional area of financial resource management in Institutions of Learning.
Concepts and principles of financial resource management (3 hours)
- The concepts of financial resource management.
- The principles of financial resource management.
Planning and Control in Financial Management (9 hours)
- Financial Resource Planning in Institutions.
- The Purpose and Functions of Financial Resource Planning.
- Planning Strategies for Financial Resource Management.
- The Meaning and Purpose of Control in Financial Management.
- The Mechanisms of Control in Financial Management.
The Financial Resource Management Practices (9 hours)
- The Meaning of Finance Resource Management Practices
- Practices of Financial Management.
- Financial Accounting Practices
- Malpractices in Financial Management
Budgeting and Budget Management (9 hours)
- The Meaning, Purpose, and Functions of Budgeting.
- Budgeting and Budget Circle.
- Budget Management in Institutions
- Auditing and Audit Management.
Projects and Project Management (12 hours)
- The Meaning and purpose of projects.
- The Relationship between Projects and Financial Management
- Project Planning
- Project identification
- Project formulation
- Project implementation
- Project monitoring
- Project evaluation
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Group presentations
- class assignments
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS AND / OR EQUIPMENT
- Whiteboard and Markers
- Flip Charts
- LCD Projectors
- CDs, DVDs and Tapes