Negotiation For Project Managers
There is no doubt that negotiation skills are critical in the practice of project environment, as such they are important baseline in the area of project management. This course explores the applicability of the negotiation skills in the interplay and interactions of project managers and other stakeholders in the project life cycle. The course will dwell on the processes and techniques of negotiation situations as experienced by project managers.
The course aims at;
- Exposing students to the nature and processes of negotiations.
- Equipping skills and knowledge to: identify the negotiation process and the tactics involved in it.
- Exposing different techniques of negotiation, overcome difficulties you face during negotiation
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
After completing this course, participants will have the skills and knowledge to: identify the negotiation process and the tactics involved in it, implement different techniques of negotiation, overcome difficulties you face during negotiation , maintain good relationships with others and become a powerful negotiator and win a deal/ agreement by effective negotiation in their future working life in the project environment.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyze their own and other stakeholders’ negotiation style
- Deal with conflict that may arise during the project life cycle
- Be in position to turn it into an advantage and be in position to negotiate effectively
- Utilize effective interpersonal skills
- Develop ability to listen and to be listened to
- Recognize various stages of effective negotiation
- Analyze their negotiation style and develop confidence in win / win