Demography And Population Studies
The course is intended to expose the studies to the nature of population changed and the theories of demography. The first major focus is on the development of demography and its research methods, the second major focus focuses on how to enable students to develop insight into population problems and the future growth of the human population and its possible consequences.
- To explain to the basic demographic principles to students
- To have a basic understanding of the impact of demographic characteristics on the wellbeing of society.
- To identify and explain the current demographic trends and their impact on society
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit students should be able to;
- Identify the major concepts and issues of demography
- Analysis the factors that in there fertility, morality, migration and social mobility.
- Design and explain the processes of population census
- Assess the major problems of population changes
- Critical asses the theories of demography
- Assess population policies.