Decentralization And Local Government
he course is designed to introduce the students to the general aspect of Decentralization and Local Government. The course explores Decentralization concepts and process as a way of creation of Local Government. It also covers a wide range of issues including this History of Local Governance in specific cases, the Local Government structures and the Legal Frameworks of Local Governance.
The course is intended to;
- To equip students with the theories and the concepts of public management;
- To impart analytical skills of management in the public sector; and
- To prepare students for future involvement in public sector management and/or the management of public affairs generally
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, the students should be able to;
- Get a clear understanding of the conceptual meaning of decentralization and local government
- To identify the necessity of local governments systems
- To critically analyze the decentralization process and its related aspects
- To describe the legal framework, structures and processes for Local Government Administration in Uganda.
- Evaluate the importance of studying the course “Decentralization and Local Government”.