Contracting & Procurement For Project Managers
This course aims to explore and analyze some of the main elements of procurement in project management that are vital for the project manager. Students doing project planning and management should be equipped with the knowledge and skills in purchasing procedures, contracting materials and how to manage project procurements.
The course aims at;
- Exposing students to contract formation and management of procurement contracts.
- Enabling students identify contract components and understand the process from start to finish
- Enabling students understand the business legal terminologies of contracting and procurement
- Enabling students negotiate favourable terms and make revisions to the contract
- Enabling students administer contracts appropriately, and know when and how to terminate before or upon completion
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit students should be able to;
- Explain a range of techniques used in procurement process by project managers
- Discuss contract formation and management of procurement contracts
- explain the procurement process in project management
- Demonstrate and apply the skills to a process of contracting project suppliers