Human Resource Management
The course introduces key principles of international human resource management. Today management and business leaders confront decision problem in various functional areas of human resource management while working in different national and cultural environment. The course will review the theories, models and concepts developed in the areas of international organizational behavior, cross -cultural management and other emerging disciplines and study their implication son international human resource management practices. The course will cover the management issues which have implication on international dimensions of leadership, motivation team work, and communicating with people of different cultural environments.
The course is intended to expose students to management issues which have implication on international dimensions of leadership, motivation, team work, and communicating with people of different cultural environments.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit students should able to:
- Define the key terms that encompass international human resource management.
- Explain why they study the course unit relating to the real situations.
- State the challenge posed by rapid globalization of human resource issues?
- State the factors that affect the choice between convergence and divergence.
- How expatriates are managed globally.
- Described the global human resource policies
- Know what special issues deserve attention in the repatriation of overseas employees.
- Know the components of expatriate recruitment selection, orientation, career management training strategies, compensation and performance management.