The purpose of the course is to explore the notion, language and approaches to conflict management while understanding the theoretical perspectives and strategies commonly used in the analysis. Cases studies will be useful in the analysis particularly the continental and regional organisations in Africa.
The course is intended to;
- Enable students to understand and be able to explain the critical issues in conflict from Internal to International conflict.
- Provide students with tools required in analysing all types of conflicts
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Explain the causes of conflict in African societies
- Identify the case studies in African where conflict management has been successful
- Discuss the Problems in managing ethnic conflict,
- Examine the changing nature of Conflict management in the contemporary world.