In this era of globalization, International Relations should be a compelling subject. It concerns people and cultures throughout the world. The students of international Relations will get exposed to many theories, concepts and politics at the global level. International relations affect lives in many ways, and students should therefore know how to go about their business vis a vis the global politics. A number of issues like nuclear proliferation, global warming, Diplomacy, war, trade, alliances, and cultural ex- change among others will be addressed.
The aim of the course is to;
- Expose students to the many theories and concepts about social, economic and political activities at a global level which are very useful in the current global village.
- Enable students discuss the international system of politics and other important issues that affect the entire world
- Enable students have a wide understanding of theories of international relations and international political actors.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Explain the major themes in international relations and factors affecting global happenings.
- Discuss the international system of politics and other important issues that affect the entire world
- Have a wide understanding of theories of international relations and international political actors.