This course deals with research concepts and essential information that shall guide the student when he/she goes through an empirical investigation as an academic requirement. All knowledge and skills gained from this course will enable the student to embark on researches that will refine and validate existing knowledge phenomenon and generate new information to upgrade knowledge and skills.
The objective of the course is to equip students with the ability to:
- Differentiate between various types of research.
- Identify research gaps, design research studies and appropriately undertake data collection and analyses
- Write a Masters project / dissertation using appropriate research methods whilst respecting the ethics of research
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Differentiate between a project and a thesis
- Differentiate between various types of research
- Write a proposal for a specific research problem of interest to the student