This course highlights the administrative authorities and their various structures within the executive arm of government. This courseintends to train the student in administrative powers and delegated powers and how both are supposed to be exercised.
To expose students to and make them know their rights as future public administrators as far as the constitution is concerned and also to know the limits of public administrators in the execution of their duties.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Explain the basic nature of administrative law.
- Explore the basics of the civil service system and local government/authorities.
- Analyze the skills to decipher the constitutional framework for administrative law and sources of administrative powers.
- Explain the requisite administrative powers of the executive arm of government.
- Explain the modalities of the exercise of administrative powers and quasi- judicial powers within the realm of natural justice.
- Analyze various sources of power for the executive arm of government to make delegated legislation.