This course exposes Diploma students to the basic research methods and research planning and design procedures that are relevant for undertaking research. The course covers the key concepts and steps in research, research designs, research methods and steps in planning and design of research, particularly writing of research proposals.
This course intends to impart basic research methods and research planning and design skills to Diploma students.
- To introduce students to research, its key concepts and criteria;
- To expose students to the various research designs, methods and their application; and
- To equip students with knowledge and skills for undertaking research and writing research proposals.
Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the key concepts in research;
- Outline the key research designs and methods in social sciences or other disciplines; and
- Undertake research and write research proposals.