Project Planning & Management
The course gives a theoretical introduction and approach to essential planning and management tools of projects with emphasis on Developing countries. It highlights the important steps needed for initiating projects and how they eventually emerge from plans into activities that tackle people’s socio-economic goals. Special interest is on the integrated project management cycle and the underlying challenges of identifying and implementing successful projects despite the limited resource base in most economies. A detailed analysis and application of project tools and methodologies like Logical Framework Approach, Ghantt charts, bar charts, and problem analysis will be made to explain project operations.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Equip students with the concepts in project planning and management.
- Give students the knowledge to identify viable projects in the work place
- Equip students with the skills and abilities to plan, design and implement Projects
- Know the various project management tools and techniques that are used to develop models
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit students should be able to;
- Apply the different concepts in the effective management of projects
- Demonstrate critical understanding between project management and operational work; and
- Design and implement good projects
- Describe the key project management tools and techniques and develop models