Breaking News: Prince Philip Dies at 99
April 9, 2021, 3:56 pm
The course covers conservation of fluid mass, storage properties of porous media, matrix compressibility, boundary conditions, flow nets, well hydraulics, groundwater chemistry, and solute transport.
COURSE JUSTIFICATION / RATIONALE
This course will equip students with the knowledge of distribution and movement of groundwater in the soil and rocks of the Earth's crust
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Derive effective hydraulic conductivity for various cases of heterogeneous subsurface formations.
· Understand application groundwater flow equations to confined and unconfined aquifers.
· Acquire knowledge to analyse pump test data to determine aquifer properties.
· Gain knowledge of the estimation of travel times for groundwater contaminants in a saturated aquifer.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Describe the porous medium properties that control groundwater flow and transport, including porosity, hydraulic conductivity, and compressibility.
· Design a groundwater pumping system to mitigate contaminant migration.
· Analyse pump test data to determine aquifer properties
· Apply groundwater flow equations to confined and unconfined aquifers.
April 9, 2021, 6:25 am
April 8, 2021, 7:05 pm
April 8, 2021, 2:57 pm
April 8, 2021, 2:15 pm