Breaking News: Prince Philip Dies at 99
April 9, 2021, 3:56 pm
Urban stormwater management encompasses a variety of activities such as stormwater infrastructure design and maintenance, analysis/modeling and selection of appropriate solutions to urban stormwater problems, and cost estimation of stormwater infrastructure.
The course content includes both current and future “state-of-practice” fundamentals in urban stormwater management with a focus on practical applications. It covers stormwater quality characterisation, monitoring, modelling and assessment, design of detention and sedimentation basins, urban stormwater management and design of water quality enhancement features in a stormwater management system.
COURSE JUSTIFICATION /RATIONALE
This course will provide knowledge of the design, installation, and maintenance of storm water management systems and address the impact of urban development on runoff and infiltration, and focus on storm water management relative to flooding and water pollution.
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
· Analyse the hydrological, hydraulic and water quality aspects of an urban stormwater drainage management system
· Design of appropriate components of an urban stormwater management system for purposes of flood prevention and water quality improvement.
· Examine and analyse non-point source emissions and to characterize and assess the impact of NPS emissions on urban stormwater quality
· Model stormwater quality based on lumped and continuous bases
A student on completing this course is expected to:
· Examine the management of urban stormwater systems to reduce the detrimental impacts of urban stormwater on receiving waters
· Explain the philosophy of stormwater management and associated design guidelines
· Analyse components required for stormwater systems and design such components for quantity and quality control.
April 9, 2021, 6:25 am
April 8, 2021, 7:05 pm
April 8, 2021, 2:57 pm
April 8, 2021, 2:15 pm