Dissertation ( Plan A)
In Year One Semester Two, while undertaking a research methodology course, students will be required to identify a topic and develop a research proposal. In the second year they will be required to carry out research that will culminate into a dissertation. This will help them demonstrate their ability to investigate a specific social problem via a substantial piece of independent research work.
The course strives to enable students to:
- Identify research gaps in a specific area of International Relations studies
- Design a research proposal
- Undertake the research using the appropriate research tools and methods
- Write a dissertation reporting the findings of the research whilst making actionable policy recommendations.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify a specific research gap in extant International Relations scholarly literature;
- Design a research project
- Execute the designed research using appropriate tools and methods
- Write a dissertation to publishable standards