This course is meant to introduce, expose and generate interest among students to research. It will offer a basis for preparing undergraduate students for a more detailed study of advanced, specialized and demanding aspects of educational research. Emphasis will be placed on the basic steps of why and the appropriate methods of how research is carried out.
This course intends to;
- Impart basic research methods and research planning and design skills to students.
- Expose students to various characteristics of research
- Enable students’ carryout investigation and evaluation of educational research studies
- Enable students apply the learnt techniques of research
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Develop a plan of research of their choice and comprehend the key steps followed in a research process
- Recognize various characteristics of research
- Carryout investigation and evaluation of educational research studies
- Apply the learnt techniques of research
- Write research proposal