Introduction To Computer Fundamentals
In this course, students are to learn about the basic organization, concepts and terminologies in a computerized environment. They are also to get an in depth understanding of common computer applications. The course will cover concepts related to basic IT concepts; windows desktop environment; history of computers; computer components; word processor applications and use of electronic devices in teaching. It provides a general introduction to the broad aspects of computer systems, how it works, a brief history of the computers and the basic components of a computer. In addition, students will be grounded in the proper use of the Internet for research.
The objectives of the course are assist students to:
- To identify the various parts of a computer systems and what each does.
- To identify and explain the various Operating Systems
- To identify major software applications and what they do.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Identify the various parts of a computer systems and what each does.
- Identify and explain the various Operating Systems
- Identify major software applications and what they do.
- Describe what capabilities Internet has, what a browser does, and be able to perform basic navigation over the worldwide web.
- Perform basic email tasks such as sending, receiving and managing electronic mail.
- Be familiar with features common to Windows software.
- Display a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Use computers in the business workplace and other fields
- Explain the Open source software and have a working knowledge of Linux and Open Office.