Behavioral Modification And Therapy
Behavior modification exposes students to the study of the principles of behavior. Integral to this discipline is the examination of environmental events that impact human behavior. By exposing the students to the far-reaching principles of behavior modification, it is hoped they will attain a better understanding of the complexities of our human existence and be more able to help people cope with the many problems they face in life.
Students will be able to apply, implement, measure, and evaluate behavior management techniques in various settings including counseling centers, hospitals, institutions, and schools.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, students should be able to:-
- Use critical thinking to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
- Apply knowledge of key characteristics of behavior modification
- Apply the multiple perspectives of psychology as a discipline in order to weigh evidence, tolerate ambiguity, act ethically, and reflect values in theirpersonal and professional behavior.
- Examine behavior modification techniques,
- Develop an Understanding of the qualitative and quantitative methods used to evaluate behavior modification programs