Theory And Practice Of Social Work
The course introduces to the student the concepts and basic theories that guide social work practice. The unit will also enable the students to link the theoretical discourses with wider national/regional issues and strategies that are designed to promote social work practice in the region. And lastly to help students to apply selected practice theories in social work in their day to day operations
The overall objective of this course is to assist students to identify and analyze key issues that promote understanding of social work theories and practice in the context of the cultures of East African countries.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Identify and explain the different theories of social work
- Understand and apply social work theories in social work practice
- Identify ways or strategies to improve community service.
- Explain the relationship between various theories of social work practice
- Discuss and apply practical skills, problem solving models and methods
- Above all, apply practice skills in social work practice