Management Of Social Services
The course introduces to the students the concepts, types and categories of social services with emphasis on developing countries. The field of social services management is designed for students exploring the available social services in the country in relation to particular community problems. The unit is to focus on the inherent challenges in social service delivery. The course will empower students/learners with skills and knowledge to be able to appreciate the inherent challenges in social service delivery and creatively design interventions on how to improve the situation.
The intent is to build knowledge of what services are, provided and regarding particular problems.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Understand the key differences between social services and social welfare
- Describe the elements of social service provision
- Identify ways or strategies to improve social services provision in their communities.
- Have a deeper insight of the available services in the country in relation to the available problems.
- Students will be in position to critically examine the dynamics and levels of the existing social services in Uganda