Principles Of Human Resource Management
The course presents the dynamic nature of business, an increasing challenge to the management of organizations. Management has started realizing the need for Human resource specialists because of the variety of employees who are required to meet the demands of the changing business environment. This module therefore presents a general overview and analyses of the main principles of HRM as a foundation for the more crystallized detailed description of Human resource policies, processes and practices contained in other units of this program, for the purposes of setting grounds for grooming the students in preparation for the challenging and dynamic field at the end of the course.
To impart knowledge in basic concepts of HRM as well as to develop formal Human resource politics, procedures and programs to employees in the organization
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts of HRM.
- Explain grounds for practitioners to take challenge in future
- Define, develop and implement sound practices and harmonious working relations between employees and employers.
- Describe and design a cost effective pay structure that will attract, motivate and retain competent employees and that can also be viewed as fair by employees.
- Understand and develop formal Human resource politics, procedures and programs to employees in the organization.