Introduction To Civil And Structural Engineering
This course gives historical background, present status and future challenges of the Civil engineering profession. It treats ethics and professional responsibility, written and oral communication, concepts of analysis, design, computational approaches, experiments, interpretation of results and decision making.
To get exposed to the glimpses of Civil Engineering topics that is essential for an Engineer
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
Enhance student’s ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
Appreciate the value of designing and conducting experiments, function on multi-disciplinary teams, and understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Describe the background and history of Civil Engineering as a profession,
- Recognize the fundamental principles of professional ethics as they apply to the civil engineering profession
- Describe the various ways in which civil engineers are engaged to practice the profession
- Describe the role the engineer plays in the development of a project
- Identify the fundamentals of civil engineering project management
- Practice the profession of Civil Engineering with basic teamwork skills, and basic ethical and professional issues.
- Get introduced to interim report writing, presentations, and project management skills.