To understand the determination and the effects of loads on physical structures and their components
Electrical Engineering Branch
The objective of this course is to familiarize the students with commonly used components, accessories and measuring equipment in Electrical installations. The course also provides hands-on experience in setting up of simple wiring circuits.
1. Familiarity with supply arrangements and their limitations, knowledge of standard voltages and their tolerances, safety aspects of electrical systems and the importance of protective measures in wiring systems.
2. Knowledge about the types of wires, cables and other accessories used in wiring. Creating awareness of energy conservation in electrical systems.
3. Students should be able to wire simple lighting circuits for domestic buildings, distinguish between light and power circuits.
4. To measure electrical circuit parameters and current, voltage and power in a circuit.
5. Familiarity with the backup power supply in domestic installation.