Multinational Financial Management
primary purpose of the course is to examine and understand the conceptual
framework that provides the foundation to analyze key financial decisions of an
international business or one exposed to global competition. The international
aspects of financial management, or similarly, the foreign financial operations
from the perspective of multinational corporations (MNC) build upon the
principles of financial management.
Thus, the course builds upon and extends the valuation framework of
domestic corporate finance and integrates the dimensions unique to
By the end of the course
unit students should be able to;
- Explain the international economic and financial
environment. Part I.
- Discuss the foreign exchange rate determination,
including the foreign exchange and derivatives markets. Part II.
- Describe foreign exchange exposure measurement and
management. Part III.
- Explain the financial management aspects of the MNC.
- Discuss the world financial markets and institutions.