Calculus, Geometry And Linear Algebra
This course covers algebra, calculus, and geometry; emphasizing topics useful in other
disciplines. Among others, topics include; number system, sequence and series, equations and inequalities, Exponential and Logarithmic functions, solid geometry, coordinate system, curve tracing, functions and limits, differentiation and integration and their applications in engineering fields.
To impart analytical ability in solving mathematical problems as applied to the respective branches of Engineering
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Know the concepts in algebra, calculus and analytic geometry.
- Apply the above concepts to solve problems taken primarily from the physical and engineering sciences.
- Get prepared for higher level mathematics and science courses.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Solve differential and integral calculus problems.
- Find limits of sequences;
- Integrate line and surface integrals;
- Undestand and apply solid geometry concepts.
- Outline double and triple integration and enable them to handle integrals of higher orders.
- Solve numbers involving Equations & Inequalities, Exponential and Logarithmic
- Functions, Functions & Limits.
- Solve engineering problems using differentiation and integration concepts.