Fundamentals Of Physics I
This course deals with vector kinematics, rectilinear motion, dynamics, work, energy, power,
impulse, momentum, dynamics of rotation, elasticity, oscillation, thermal physics, sounds, electricity and magnetism and their applications. Laboratory practical are provided to enhance learning
These are a first-year freshman courses at KIU designed to: Provide an introductory treatment of scientific concepts fundamental to Engineering. Apply scientific methods to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in engineering
At the end of this course, the student should be able
- Relate physics with the environment and daily life issues.
- Analyze scientific principles.
- Apply physics experiments in telecommunication engineering
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Analyze mechanical properties of matter.
- Explain the measurement from one unit to another appropriate unit and applications.
- Evaluate a particle using kinematics.
- Analyze circular motion and rotation.
- Demonstrate oscillations and gravitation.
- Analyze electrostatics, conductors, capacitors, and dielectrics.
- Analyze and investigate electric circuits,
- Evaluate magnetostatics,
- Measure and analyze electromagnetism, Electromagnetic induction.