Course Content and Outline
- Definition of business statistics
Organization of data
- Construction of tables
- Types of graphs and their purpose
- Pie charts and all types of pie charts.
Measures of variability/dispersion
- The variance
- Standard deviation
- Basic set concepts
- Purpose of understanding sets
Time series analysis/components
- Time series components
- The importance of time these components in the economy
as per determining the business cycle flow.
- Types of events.
T-tests and chi-square tests
Data collection methods
- Sampling techniques
- Purpose of data collection.
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Reading assignments
- Practical assignments
- Field trips
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS AND / OR EQUIPMENT
Whiteboard and Markers
CDs, DVDs and Tapes