In the words of Stephen Covey, ” Communication is the most important skill in life, we
spend most of our waking hours communicating”. This course helps to highlight the nature, dynamics, processes and technological influences of communication in the field of engineering. It involves the practical steps to become more effective in communicating.
To enhance the holistic development of students and improve their employability skills.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Acquire communication skills in engineering for application in the fields of work;
- Outline the importance of communication in engineering.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Read, listen, take and make notes, speak, interact and conduct meetings.
- Write technical and business reports, handle intra and interoffice communication and present reports.
- Discuss the conceptual framework of communication.
- Explain the importance of effective communication
- Acquire practical communication skills
- Explain better communicators through independent exploration