Engineering Material Science I
This course introduces the scientific concepts of engineering materials and their
characterisation. Studies the principal materials used for engineering purposes with special attention to properties and their importance to the engineer.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Know the science of key engineering materials.
- Outline the defining and distinguishing properties of engineering materials.
A student on completing this course is expected to:
- Be able to relate science concepts with engineering materials
- Define and characterize engineering materials.
- Outline engineering materials by purpose.
- Determine appropriate application of engineering materials.